The Sacramento Women’s Flag Football Association (SWFFA) will be joining us this Sunday to talk about the league, now going into its second season. Hear what benefits this league has that others don’t and why the league initially got its start.
The SWFFA is home to many previous and current women’s tackle football players in the surrounding Sacramento area.
The goals of the Sacramento Women’s Flag Football Association:
- Establish and promote flag football as a mainstream sport for female athletes in Sacramento and Northern California.
- Offer officiating, coaching and skill-building educational flag football clinics.
- Organize quality and competitive leagues and tournaments for all ages and skill levels.
- Utilize partnerships and sponsorships to promote the association.
- Invest all donations and revenue from team fees back into our non-profit organization
- Review, adjust and monitor league and tournament costs and set event pricing accordingly.
The SWFFA currently has two fundraisers scheduled. On Sunday, May 25 there will be a SWFFA Golf Tournament held at Lake Forest Golf Course in Acampo, CA (36 miles south of Sacramento). The cost is $70 per individual, $140 Two-some and $280 Four-some.
The event will include a 4-person scramble, BBQ burger dinner and awards receptions following the golf. Featured events for the day will include: $50,000.00 Shootout, Closest to the Pin Contest, Mulligans, Player Gifts, Prizes and Awards, Hole in One Contest, Raffle and much more. For more Information, click HERE.
The second event will be held on Friday, July 18 at 7 pm: Giants Game! GREAT SEATS and GREAT CRAB…..
To hear about the Sacramento Women’s Flag Football Association (SWFFA) and how you can get involved in playing or participating in their upcoming fundraisers, tune in this Sunday at 3 pm (pst) to www.wfbtalk.com with our guest Karen Leon, President and Owner of the league.
To learn more about the Sacramento Women’s Flag Football Association, go to www.sacramentowomensflagfootball.com.
Smiley made the catch….Fortunately for me she ran out of field, because I was supposed to be covering her…..